Rates and Insurance
- $165 for 30 minute session
- $250 for 45-minute session
- $325 for 60-minute session
- Upon rare occasion it is helpful to book 2-3 hour sessions. These will be at a sliding scale rate.
- Sliding Scale may be available. Please do inquire, if you feel you need that.
Cash or check. This office will be accepting credit cards (Visa, MC) as of 4/1/16 (approximately). Payment is normally collected at each session.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. However, in most cases, this office is no longer billing your insurance. I will happy to provide paperwork that you can submit to your insurance company monthly at your request. I deeply regret having to take this action but find I am unable to manage the ever-changing vagaries of insurance companies’ reimbursement policies. However, there may be other arrangements we can work out via discussion. I will continue to provide assistance for you to collect reimbursement, and to utilize your insurance to the fullest extent possible; and I am noticing that, thankfully, insurance companies are more collaborative with the patient than with the provider. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I will also continue to consider sliding scale options on a case-by-case basis.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have a PPO or an HMO?
- Do I have “out-of-network” mental health insurance benefits?
- How much is my deductible and has it been met?
- Do I have a second deductible for mental health? How much is it? Has it been met?
- Do I have a second deductible for out-of-network? How much is it? Has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover? Per week?
- When is pre-authorization required for 90834?*
- When is pre-authorization required for 90837? *
- What is the “approved amount” per therapy session? (for 90834? for 90837?)*
- What is my co-insurance/co-pay amount? (for 90834? for 90837?)*
- What percentage of the “approved amount” is covered for 90834? for 90837? (Co-Pay + Percentage = Approved amt) (Note that “approved amount” can be different for in-network vs. out-of-network, and the percentage can also be different for in-network vs. out-of-network.)
- Is a referral required from my primary care physician?
- Do I have an out-of-pocket cap? How much is it?
- My therapist is an out of network specialist. Can there be a Single Case Agreement?
- * signifies session length. 90834 = 38 to 53 minutes; 90837 = 53 to 60+ minutes
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will normally be required to pay the full cost of the session, unless we can re-schedule later in that same week. Please note that insurance will never reimburse for missed sessions. Upon occasion, this cancellation fee is waived.
Introductory phone call – gratis.
Please call to schedule time when we can speak for 15-20 minutes. I would be happy to speak with you.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.